- Attached – There are supplemental applications included for various operations:
- Premises only warehouse liability –
Warehouses are commercial buildings that are used to store goods or merchandise prior to their use, distribution or sale
- Freight Broker/ Freight Forwarder
Description of operations: Freight forwarders and freight agencies organize the shipment of freight from its initial pickup at the shipper's location through final delivery at the receiver's location. In addition to arranging transport, services can include document preparation, negotiation of freight charges, packing, purchase of insurance, storage, tracking, and acting as intermediaries in the event of a dispute between shippers and service providers. Transportation of the cargo from point to point can include various modes of transportation such as trucks, railroads, aircraft, and watercraft, with warehousing at one point or more along the route. Freight forwarders are not responsible for shipping delays as these may be due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather, political unrest, or route changes. Freight forwarders may combine shipments from several customers into one. Services may be limited to domestic shipments or include international transport.
- Warehouse Legal Liability
Warehouse legal liability coverage insures warehouse owners' or operators' liability for loss or damage to goods their customers store in their warehouses. They can be public, private, bonded, and specialized warehouses. Because this is liability coverage, the insurance company also defends against suits brought for damages. The warehouse receipt is a vital part of this coverage. It is the storage agreement between the property owner and the warehouse operator. It provides the foundation for the liability that the warehouse owner or operator assumes for loss or damage to property of others it stores. In addition, the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) provides the standards for warehouse operator's liability. The combination of the UCC requirements and the warehouse receipt provide the legal framework that determines the named insured's liability for property stored.
- Motor Truck Cargo (may also be quoted with our auto or general liability policies for qualifying risks, with stand-alone cargo markets also available)
Motor truck cargo legal liability coverage forms insure the liability that common or contract carrier trucking concerns have for property of others the trucker hauls or transports. Coverage on a particular shipment begins when the insured trucker takes possession of the property being shipped at its point of origin, includes necessary stops incidental to the shipment, such as for meals and rest, and ends when the shipment arrives at the intended destination where the designated party accepts it.
- Ocean / Air Cargo
Ocean / Air Cargo Coverage — insurance covering the transportation of goods and/or merchandise by vessels crossing both foreign and domestic waters including any inland or aviation transit associated with the shipment. This type of marine insurance also encompasses coverage for damage to the vessels involved in shipments and any legal liability arising in the course of shipment.
- Warehouse – NOC
Warehouses NOC- code 99938. This classification contains a note to include packing and handling of household goods away from the premise of the insured. The payroll of employees working at the insureds warehouse and employee's performing packing at the customer's location will be included in the basis of premium for code 99938.
- Fully completed accord applications 125/126 for GL, 140 for property (building, business personal property, business income, etc.)
- Loss runs if prior, if new in business, include prior experience
- Any contractual requirements we may need to rate for
- and if you’re looking for additional lines of coverage not noted here
- Make sure to include specifics on items being stored/shipped.
- What product is inside any glass or plastic bottles?
- Are all items stored on pallets?
- What limits are they looking for? Usually amount is per item and per loss.
- Is this a cold storage warehouse? (if yes, consider a stand-alone equipment breakdown quote, separate application process)
- Appliance delivery and installation is separately rated