GL Class Code: 96816 Janitorial Services – rated on payroll
- Fully completed accord applications 125/126 for GL, 140 for property
- Loss runs
- Sub-Contractor Agreement
- Any contractual requirements we may need to rate for
- and if you’re looking for additional lines of coverage not noted here
Note: This classification is applicable to risks primarily engaged in providing janitorial services to others and includes all maintenance and ordinary repair if the contractor is contracted to provide janitorial service for the building. If janitorial service is not provided by an independent contractor, painting, maintenance or ordinary repair work is a general inclusion to the operations of the insured building owners or operators.
Contractors cleaning or washing interior walls; contractors cleaning, sanitizing and deodorizing restrooms are also contemplated in this classification.
Floor waxing – up to 50% of operations
Lost Key, controlled property of others, and professional may be available for additional premium (subject to state availability)
Janitorial Supply dealers or distributors would require different submission information.
Prohibited Operations under this classification:
- Cooking equipment cleaning contractors (hood and ductwork)
- Real estate property management companies. (Refer to Real Estate Property Managed)
- Risks involved with sterilization procedures (e.g. cleaning toys at a day care)
- Risks that deal with bio-hazards or medical waste
- Janitorial services/cleaning of supermarket/grocery stores
- Remediation Services (e.g. asbestos, mold, lead, removal or clean-up of pollutants, etc.)
- Aircraft cleaning
- Cleaning of nursing homes, hospitals or morgues