Thanks for asking! Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fully completed accord applications 125/126 for GL – class code 45993 rated on sales (use commissions as gross sales)
- Loss runs if prior
- Details regarding company represented and products
- Any contractual requirements we may need to rate for
- and if you’re looking for additional lines of coverage not noted here
Note 45993 Manufacturers' Representatives
For the purpose of this classification, a manufacturer's representative is an independent contractor who sells the products of one or more manufacturers on a commission basis. The manufacturer's representative is not on the payroll of the manufacturer and is not eligible for any employee benefits.
Manufacturers' Representatives are usually involved in one or more of the following:
- b>(a) They may employ salespersons of their own and pay them either salary or commission without affecting the relationship with the involved manufacturers;
- b>(b) They may stock a small supply of samples used for display or demonstration but not for sale;
- b>(c) They may demonstrate the product or supervise its installation;
- b>(d) They may train customers' employees in the use of the product.
This classification includes the insured's office.
Risks with storage or warehouse facilities are not considered manufacturers' representatives and shall be separately classified and rated.